Skip Links
U.S. Department of State
HomeContact UsEmail this PageFOIAPrivacy NoticeArchive
U.S. Department of State
About the State Dept.Press and Public AffairsTravel and Living AbroadCountries and RegionsInternational IssuesHistory, Education and CultureBusiness CenterOther ServicesEmployment
Travel and Living Abroad 


Emergencies and Warnings
- Emergency Services for U.S. Citizens
- International Parental Child Abduction
- Travel Warnings, Consular Information Sheets, and Public Announcements
- List of Current Warnings and Announcements
- Crisis Awareness and Preparedness

- Passport Information
- Print Passport Application
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
- Passport Forms

- Visa Services for Americans
- Visa Services for Foreign Citizens
- Visa Bulletins
- Waiver-J Visa Foreign Residence Requirement
- Visa Waiver Program
- Visa Forms

Other Information
- Country Background Notes
- Foreign Consular Offices in the U.S.
- International Adoption
- International Parental Child Abduction
- Key Officers at U.S. Foreign Service Posts
- Overseas Security Advisory Council
- Post Reports
- Records and Certificates
- Travel Publications
- U.S. Embassy and Consulate Web Sites
- More...

Living Abroad

- Services for Americans Abroad
- Foreign Per Diem Rates
- Dual Citizenship and Births Overseas
- Marriage Overseas
- Divorce Overseas
- Authentication of Documents for Use Abroad
- Office of Overseas Schools
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
- More

Related Sites

- Travelers' Health - Centers for Disease Control
- Travelers' Health - World Health Organization
- Exchange Rates
- U.S. Customs Information
- Tips on Bringing Food, Plants, and Animals Into the United States
- Import/Export of Fish and Wildlife
- Cruise Ship Sanitation Inspection Scores
- Aviation Safety Data
- Airline On-Time Statistics
- Airline Customer Service
- Air Travel Consumer Complaints

Public Announcement
The State Department issues Worldwide Caution as national threat level is raised from an Elevated to High risk of terrorist attack.

Help for Americans Abroad
If you are looking for information on a particular subject related to traveling abroad, this A-Z index may be of help.

Travel Warnings and Other Consular Information
For the most current information on travel warnings and related updates, visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs' web site at, or contact the
Bureau of Consular Affairs, Office of Public Affairs, at 202-647-5225.

Health Issues for Travelers
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travelers' Health web site for information on outbreaks, diseases, vaccinations, special concerns when traveling with children, and more.

Travel Tips for Students, Women Traveling Alone, and Older Americans

Post Reports, now online, are written for U.S. Government employees and family members assigned to diplomatic missions abroad and provide information about living, housing, and health conditions, as well as recreational, cultural, and employment opportunities for family members in the host country.

This site is managed by the Bureau of Public Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.